Wednesday 8 February 2017

New friends


So I’ve made a new friend recently and I did the brave thing by asking him to join me for drinks with my friends (Eeek!).
When I say that we are “new” friends…….I have known him for years through a mutual friend, but only in the last couple of months have I been getting to know him a little bit better.
We’ve texted numerous times…….and I made the conscious decision to keep that mind set of “whatever happens, happens”.

It is important for me to make new friends – and if they are male that is even better.

Well he came out and joined me for drinks (*Fist punches the air*)

It is the first time I have seen him in person for well over a year.
By the end of the night I just wanted to kiss him, which tells me that I am definitely interested in him and there was chemistry there.
When I got home, we texted for another 2 hours.
Some say the strongest relationships start out as friendships first.
I have also heard that two people with broken hearts can slowly heal and build a strong foundation together.
So although we both have some healing to do, I now look toward the brighter future with a supportive man in my life.

Day by day, step by step.

I must admit that I am a little scared to allow myself to be completely vulnerable.
BUT I also know that if you don’t take the leap of faith, you might risk losing out on something special.
And if it isn’t meant to be a long term thing, then I will mourn its passing, and move on with my life.

It’s never easy to think about starting over, it takes courage and strength, but let’s face it, I am a strong and brave woman after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment