Friday 14 October 2016

Cristmas is coming


For the first time in years, I find myself getting excited about Christmas.
My step-daughter is going to spend Christmas and New Years with us.
I wanted to do something special for both of them and I bought her a plane ticket to us (she lives in a different province).

I can't wait to meet her in person.
I hope she likes me.
I look forward to having a wonderful summer holiday as a new family.
I have to start getting organised and have to sort out all the overwhelming details from decorations, to activities, to menu, to gifts.
I have 2 months to get to know her better so that we can find the right gift for her.
I need to make sure that she feels welcome and appreciated.
I need to think of activities that we can do together to grow a friendship, but also group activities that we can do as a family.
I need to make sure that hubby and her have special time alone together.
Gosh these are exciting times and I so look forward to the blossoming relationships.

I am so happy.
I am not even thinking about the chaos at the shopping malls during the “silly season”.
I am going to relish every single frustration and strain!

No comments:

Post a Comment